Bayfield in Bloom
Admire over 50,000 blooming daffodils, a vibrant mosaic of roadside lupine & rolling orchards of apple blossoms bursting into rosy color during our month-long celebration of spring. Special events include a live WPR Broadcast of Garden Talk and a Garden Expo at the historic Lakeside Pavilion in downtown Bayfield, Garden Tours and the annual Blessing of the Fleet. Bayfield in Bloom runs from May 11 through June 10, 2018.
Ongoing spring events include:
- Apostle Islands Cruises, Starting mid-May, Grand Tour departs daily at 10:00 am, (800) 323-7619
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Visitor Center, open Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm, beginning mid-May (715) 779-3397
- Watch jams & jellies made daily, Bayfield Apple Company, open 9am – 6pm, (715) 779-5700
- Bayfield Heritage Walking Tours, Offering Historic, Ghost, Cemetery Walks and an Architect Tour. Tickets available at the Bayfield Chamber. Call (715) 779-0299 for dates and times.
- Wine tastings, Bayfield Winery, Weekends in May and daily after June 1st, (715) 779-5404 and All Sisters’ Winery, (715) 779-3274
- Hauser’s Red Barn Plant Sale, May 1 through Memorial Day, open 7 days a week, 9am to 5pm, (715) 779-5404
- Madeline Island Ferry Line trips, Departs approximately hourly, 7:30am – 8:30pm, please refer to schedule for exact times, (715) 747-2051
- Summer Classes begin, Madeline Island School of the Arts, May 20th, (715) 747-2054
- Spring Sailing Charters on Lake Superior
- Shop for Blooming deals at unique shops & art galleries
- Bike, Hike, & Golf amongst the scenic beauty of Bayfield
- Self-guided garden tours at the Winfield Inn & Gardens and 15 area orchards
- 50,000 blooming daffodils and roadside touring of wildflowers and lupine