Bayfield and the Apostle Islands offer miles of pristine sand beaches both within the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore and on the Mainland.
- Reiten’s Boatyard Beach - The beach is located at the end of Broad Street and Wilson Avenue in downtown Bayfield within walking distance of shopping and eateries. Equipped with a picnic area this swimming beach is perfect for a casual dip in Lake Superior or hanging with the kids.
- Bayfield City Beach - Located next to the Ferry Docks, it’s the perfect place to watch the ferry boats go to and from Madeline Island. You’ll also see eager kayakers practice their skills before heading out on a tour of the Apostle Islands Sea Caves.
Town of Bayview:
- Friendly Valley Beach - Located off of Highway 13 between Bayfield and Washburn, enjoy the pristine sand beach with views of Madeline Island and Long Island.
- Bayview Beach - Located off of Highway 13 between Bayfield and Washburn, Bayview Beach has a picnic area, covered pavilion available for reservations.
- Big Bay State Park- Enjoy a mile and half of sandy beach, campground, picnic areas and more than seven miles of hiking, boardwalk and nature trails.
- Big Bay Town Park - This park connects visitors to 900 feet of new beach boardwalk, a comfort station with free WiFi, a drinking fountain, pay showers and flush toilets. There are also 61 campsites (22 with electric) and six tent-oly remote campsites allocated along the Lagoon Ridge Trail.
- Meyer’s Beach - Located off of Highway 13 about five miles east of Cornucopia, Meyers Beach offers lake access commonly used to access the mainland sea caves in the summer and winter months. From the parking area you can either spend a day lounging on the beach or hike the Lakeshore Trail for views of the sea caves from above.
- Cornucopia Beach - Located in the heart of Cornucopia, this beach offers beautiful views of the Siskiwit Bay and is within walking distance of local shops and restaurants. It’s equipped with a picnic area, playground, and artesian well.
- Harbor Park - Located in Port Wing, this sand beach offers vast views of Lake Superior and the Port Wing Harbor.