Schedule of Events
THE WEEKEND BEFORE! Friday, September 28, 2018
- Senior Social,
at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion, begins at 1pm
- Apple Pie and Dessert Contest and Tasting,
at the Bayfield Lakeside Pavilion, pie and dessert drop-off is 4pm-5pm, tasting begins at 6pm
DOWNLOAD: Apple Pie and Dessert Entry Form
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – October 5, 6 and 7, 2018
- Over 60 orchard and food booths selling Bayfield’s apples and apple desserts and delicacies; Caramel apples, apple pies, apple tortes, dumplings or tarts, apple sundaes, apple cider, bags and bushels of apples – even apple bratwurst, mustard, and butter.
- A kids’ carnival with games, rides and favorite foods.
- Plenty to buy and see including nearly 100 arts and crafts booths.
- Pipes and Drums of Thunder Bay wake up concert at Port Superior Marina, Saturday at 10am
- Fine art exhibitors on South 2nd Street, featuring pottery, paintings, glassworks, photography, wood crafts and fiber arts.
- A Grand Parade on Sunday featuring a 400+ member “Mass Band” finale
- Big Top Chautauqua’s Blue Canvas Orchestra will perform throughout the weekend on the Essentia Health Grand Stand stage. Hear the original Apple Festival song!
- The annual Apple Dumpling Gang for the little ones.
- Bus shuttles for easy parking at Hauser’s Superior View Farm and Legendary Waters Casino.
- Bayfield Fire Department offers a traditional fish fry dinner on Saturday afternoon at Lakeside Pavilion followed by a Saturday evening dance.
- Boat cruises of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Peel Out 5K & 10K trail run at Mt. Ashwabay
- Musical entertainment at many local pubs and Legendary Waters Resort & Casino
- Drive 5 minutes outside of town and tour the 15 local orchards and farms, many with pick-your-own apples and pumpkins.