Big Top Chautauqua is a performing arts organization presenting a 50+ summer show season of touring artists (Brandi Carlile, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Ronnie Milsap and more) as well as original shows by our house band the Blue Canvas Orchestra.
TheMerchandiseManger’s responsibilities will include management of Big Top Chautauqua’s merchandise booth and merchandise sales for the 2018 summer season. The person in this position reports to: General Manager, Marketing Director, and Operations Manager.
- Set up and take down of merchandise at booth pre-season and post-season.
- Responsible for monitoring and stocking inventory of Big Top apparel, gift items, and CD/DVD’s between the main office and tent.
- Manage guest artists’ merchandise. Review artist contracts and consult with appropriate staff regarding any sales negotiations.
- Leading sales at our booth for each performance. Hours are typically 4:00pm-closing and 12:30 pm to closing or our family series.
- Orient and supervise Big Top Gift Shop volunteers scheduled each night.
- Create nightly sales reports and deposit, including settling with visiting artists.
- Responsible for pre-season and post-season inventory. Reconcile inventory during summer with General Manager on a regular agreed to basis.
- Assist in the planning of displays and signage.
- Assist with merchandise promotions.
- Assist Marketing Manager with the ordering and tracking of new merchandise as needed.
- Assists Marketing Manager in all responsibilities surrounding our merchandise sales.
- Responsible for merchandise booth at annual Applefest in Bayfield.
Hours: Seasonal position, mid-June through early-October, evenings and weekends required.