Big Top Chautauqua is a performing arts organization presenting a 50+ summer show season of touring artists (Brandi Carlie, Jackson Browne, Vince Gill, and The Mavericks for this summer’s schedule so far) as well as original shows by our house band the Blue Canvas Orchestra. We are looking for energetic, fun-loving and music-loving team members for our summer box office. The Box Office Assistant 1 and 2 positions support operations at our main box office in Washburn, our Bayfield kiosk in downtown Bayfield, and our concert venue just south of Bayfield. This position is directly under the supervision of the Box Office Manager and General Manager.
- Assist our patrons’ purchase of tickets over the phone, in person, and support online ticket sales using Theatre Manager ticketing software.
- Present a positive, professional and welcoming first impression.
- Provide patrons with expedient responses to requests and problems, using a broad, precise knowledge of Big Top Chautauqua’s performances, policies and services.
- Assist other departments by compiling data for use in planning promotions and advertising.
- Update posted information and keep display cases and front counters clean and organized.
- Gain knowledge of Big Top Gift Shop Merchandise, support merchandise sales, and assist with gift shop mail orders.
- Meet the obligations of the position by completing other activities as required.
- This position may work from the Washburn office, Bayfield Box Office, or at the Tent Grounds at various times.
- Excellent customer service, communication skills & phone etiquette.
- Attention to details is a MUST.
- Accuracy in keyboarding skills.
- The ability to complete financial transactions and make change.
- The ability to remain pleasant during challenging situations.
- Proficiency in Windows based computer programs.
- Reliable transportation.
- The ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
Hours: This position runs from May to mid- September. The number of hours worked weekly will range from 20-40 hours per week. Weekend and evening work required. The schedule is set by the Box Office Manager.