Big Top Chautauqua is a performing arts organization presenting a 50+ summer show season of touring artists (Brandi Carlie, Jackson Browne, Ronnie Milsap, The Mavericks and more in 2018) as well as original shows by our house band the Blue Canvas Orchestra, and a Free Family Series.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and carry out all hospitality elements and other “rider” fulfillment tasks of the contracts for all artists’ performances at the tent. Candidates must have transportation, and be organized, responsible, and detail oriented. The position will report to the Production Manager and General Manager.
- Inventory and stock dressing room hospitality and cleaning supplies prior to season. Keep supplies stocked and replenish throughout season as needed.
- Clean and organize artist quarters contents prior to season (wash all dishes, glassware, silverware, serving pieces, shelves in cupboards, straighten closet, clean refrigerator), and coordinate with Big Top housekeeping crew and Production Manager the cleaning of Spirit Cottage during the season.
- Coordinate with BTC Office to insure clean towels are available for artist performances.
- Review elements of visiting artist contracts with Production Manager and chef. The Artist Assistant will be responsible for shopping and displaying products/foods for visiting artist as required in artist contracts, and work with chef on all hospitality needs including stocking ice, water, and beverages, picking up ordered foods, etc.
- Work with the chef to provide meals and artist hospitality requests including hot foods and salads, breads, desserts, deli trays, after show foods, etc., to be served to artists, including confirming any special dietary requirements.
- Keep all receipts well labeled and organized. Work with chef to prepare hospitality report for each performance including cost of food, purchased supplies, etc.
- End of Season – pack all towels, paper products and non-perishables in plastic for winter storage. Empty and clean refrigerator.
- Alert Operations Manager to any physical needs or safety concerns requiring maintenance including grounds and structures both backstage and in all public spaces so that it can be maintained/fixed in a safe and timely manner.
- Other duties as directed by Production Manager or General Manager.
- Hours: This position runs between mid- June and mid- September. Hours will vary between 25-40 hours per week. Work will involve weekends and late nights.